Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
From the LCBO's Food and Drink Magazine. The salty taste of the feta cheese in this Greek-inspired salad complements the sweetness of the cantaloupe. NOTE: Cooking time includes 4 hours marinating time.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
One of the best salads I have had yet, since it was raining I had to make the chicken on my indoor grill, the addition of the cantaloupe just took this over the top, thank you for sharing this, I will make it again for sure!
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup mint, coarsely chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cantaloupe
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced diagonally
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large measuring cup, whisk lemon juice with pepper, garlic, 1/2 cup oil and 1/4 cup mint.
- Pour half into a resealable plastic bag, add chicken to lemon juice mixture in bag, turning to evenly coat.
- Press air out of bag then seal tightly. (Alternatively, place chicken in a shallow dish and pour in half the lemon juice mixture. Cover with plastic wrap).
- Marinate in the refrigerator, turning occasionally for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- To remaining lemon juice mixture, whisk in remaining 2 tbsp oil and salt. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
- Grease grill and preheat barbecue to medium.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding any that remains.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, then place on grill and barbecue until juices run clear, about 6 minutes per side.
- Remove from barbecue and set aside.
- Meanwhile, remove reserved dressing from fridge.
- Peel cantaloupe, discard seeds and cut into very thin wedges.
- Line 4 large salad plates with spinach.
- When chicken is cool, for each salad, slice each breast and fan onto spinach.
- Arrange cantaloupe on spinach.
- Sprinkle salads with cherry tomatoes, feta and green onion.
- Drizzle to taste with remaining dressing.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp mint.