Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- Beans Heavenly horseradish sauce (Beans is a brand)
- Rinse and pat dry the flank steak.
- Score the meat lightly in a 2" diamond pattern.
- Combine all ingredients (except horseradish sauce) in a flat dish or in a heavy resealable bag.
- Place meat in the marinade and cover, or seal and marinate 6 hours or overnight, turning 2-3 times.
- Preheat the grill on HIGH, and brush the grids with oil to prevent sticking.
- Place steak on hot grids and reduce heat to MEDIUM, Grill approximarely 5 minutes per side for medium.
- Let steak rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- Carve steak into thin slices on the diagonal, against the grain,serve with horseradish sauce.
Delicious!!! I have made this twice now!!! The first time I marinated it for a few hours and then just cut off a small piece for myself and it was great. Then I froze the flank steak in the marinade for about 5 or 6 days and made it last night for the whole family. Both my kids and, of course, me loved it. So flavorful!! Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game.
Mmmmmm Gretchen...great marinade. Thanks to this, my thick rib steak - long past its "best before" date in my freezer - was very tasty. And too easy! Similar flavor to the Maui (Hawaiian) ribs sold pre-marinated at the meat counter.