Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Using bottled salad dressing, my cousin put a twist on a recipe I have used for years and came up with this super easy crowd pleaser. We have this with roasted potatoes and Greek salad all summer... and the kids love it!
- 4 thick boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 2.46 ml fresh cracked black pepper
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 226.79 g bottle Italian salad dressing (I recommend Wishbone or prepared Good Seasons. DO NOT use fat free!) or 226.79 g bottle caesar salad dressing (I recommend Wishbone or prepared Good Seasons. DO NOT use fat free!)
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
- Sprinkle both sides of the breasts with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, using more or less to taste.
- Put chicken in a dish and add about 1/3 cup of the salad dressing, making sure all of the chicken is coated. Cover. A plastic bowl with a lid works well.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or two.
- Grill over medium direct heat for 8-10 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Remove from grill to a cutting board, cover with foil and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Slice breasts on a diagonal crosswise in 1/4 inch slices.
- Toss slices on a shallow serving platter with the remainder of the salad dressing coating all the chicken well. Use more dressing if desired.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
- Note: To prepare as an appetizer, cube chicken in small chunks, marinate as above, grill 3-5 pieces on small wooden skewers (soaked in water), brush on salad dressing and serve.
This is a good basic marinade recipe. I just don't understand why it says DO NOT USE FAT FREE DRESSING. I use fat free Italian EVERY time I make this and it always turns out GREAT. I also like to use minced garlic and a touch of honey. Lemon or lime juice also works well. I let my chicken marinate for at least 3 hours. I encourage everyone to use fat free dressing. It cuts calories without cutting flavor, so why not?
They weren't as flavorful as I had hoped. I would suggest marinating them for twice that time.
Awesome and easy recipe. I used mediteranean sea salt, course ground pepper, seasoning salt and yogurt butter. I served w/ scalloped potatoes and roasted asparagus.