Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
We enjoyed this chicken -- the recipe calls for marinating the chicken for 30-60 minutes, but I ran out of time, so mine was marinated for maybe 10/15 minutes but still was great. Recipe source: local newspaper which was adapted from Soaked, Slathered, and Seasoned by Elizabeth Karmel.
- 2 oranges, juice only (I used 1/2 can of orange juice concentrate)
- 3 lemons, juice only
- 1 lime, juice only
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml red pepper flakes
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml parsley, chopped
- 59.16 ml basil, chopped
- 1587.57 g chicken, cut into piece (I used 1 chicken cut up and 1 package of drumsticks)
- Combine first 6 ingredients (orange juice - red pepper flakes) in a bowl (I used a large plastic measuring cup) and then whisk in the olive oil and herbs.
- Pat chicken dry and place in a large zip lock bag or marinating bowl and add 1 3/4 cups marinade, turn to coat. Place in fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place chicken on grill, bone side down, cover turning chicken occasionally. Grill covered until chicken is done (30 minutes).
- Remove from the grill and drizzle chicken with remaining marinade and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Wow what a great chicken recipe. I followed everything exactly right up to the actual grilling where instead of direct heat I used an indirect heat for grilling the chicken to help prevent flare-ups. I just find this method to work better for me while grilling chicken. There was a bit more heat that I like but hubby and son loved it so next time I may cut back on the red pepper flakes for part of the chicken but overall it was a great recipe and one I will use again. Thanks for sharing in Newest Zaar Star.
Delicious grilled chicken! I marinated boneless skinless breasts for about 1 1/2 hours and ended up with juicy and flavorful chicken. I used dried herbs with good results but will definitely use fresh next time. Thanks for posting the recipe!