Recipe by shelbyrose
This is a taste sensation and great grilling recipe. My sister served this at a family cookout. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and clamored for the recipe. (Plan ahead, needs to marinade)
Top Review by Lucky Clover
Very good, moist, flavorful chicken. The next time I make it, I think I'll add a little more tequila, though. The 2 T wasn't enough to really make the taste come through. Like other reviewers, we used boneless, skinless chicken also.
- 4.92 ml lime zest
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 29.58 ml tequila
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (WITH SKIN)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime peel, lime juice, olive oil, tequila, salt and cayenne.
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade into bag; seal and refrigerate 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Heat a barbecue grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from bag; pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 full minute.
- Grill breasts, skin side down, for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Turn and baste with marinade.
- Continue to grill and baste until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.