Spanish Grilled Chicken Breasts
photo by diner524
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1 orange, zest only
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grated
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves, about 6 oz each (with skin)
- To make the marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk all ingredients except the chicken.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large, resealable bag, and pour in the marinade. Press the air out of the bag and seal tightly. Turn it several times to distribute the marinade and place it in a bowl and refrigerate for 3 - 4 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the bag and reserve the marinade. Pour the marinade in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and boil for 1 full minute.
- Grill the chicken, skin side down first, and turning (once) and basting with the marinade, over direct medium heat until the meat is firm to the touch and no longer pink in the center, or until it has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. This should take a total of approximately 8 - 12 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful flavored chicken!! Loved that it has a nice citrus flavor from the zests and tarragon. Somehow I didn't read it was to be with skin on, which I will definitely do next time. With it being in the middle of summer, was great to be able to cook the dinner outside on the grill. Thanks for sharing the recipe, made for Susie's World Tour 2018.
Loved this chicken! DH bought skinless boneless chicken breast and I marinated in the refrigerator overnight. Did use dried tarragon, powdered ginger, and regular paprika and eyeballed the amounts. Great flavor from the marinade, tender and moist chicken. This will be a keeper! Made and reviewed for ZWT8 - 2012 The Fearless Red Dragons.
see 6 more reviews
This is a delicious chicken recipe! I used 1 heaping tablespoon dried tarragon instead of fresh, and a mix of hot and smoked paprika. The marinade is not very liquid so there wasn't much left to boil for the glaze but I did it anyway and it came out fine. Moist and tender chicken with outstanding flavor - thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for ZWT8, Chefs gone WILD!