Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
The sweet-spicy marinade really intensifies the chicken's grilled flavors and elevates it to a new high for chicken! For a wonderfully deep maple flavor, use a dark amber syrup, if you can find it. Time does not include 30 minutes to 1 hour of marinating time.
Top Review by teresas
This was just yummy! I didn't have an onion...so I used onion powder sprinkled with salt...this was so delicious...I'm happy we made it...the sweetness along with the heat of he chili paste was spot on...thanks for posting!
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- 59.14 ml pure maple syrup (real maple syrup only)
- 14.79 ml chinese chili paste with garlic
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 pounds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Toss onion slices with 2 teaspoons of salt on a shallow dish. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Add maple syrup and chili paste and stir to combine.
- Add chicken breasts and coat completely. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Spray your grill with cooking spray and light it.
- Remove chicken from marinade and brush off most of the onion.
- Grill the chicken over a moderately hot fire for about 4 minutes per side, or until lightly charred and cooked through.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot.