Recipe by momaphet
A great appetizer or main course. From the Homemade Simple website, submitted for ZWT 9. Prep time does not include 30 minutes to marinate. cooking time is approximate
Top Review by diner524
Fantastic!!! I made the marinade and let the pork marinade for 1-2 hours before grilling. OMG!! The smell while this was on the grill was so wonderful, it will bring your neighbors over asking what you are grilling!! I served this with some rice and green beans for a wonderful dinner. Thanks for sharing the recipe, which we will make again! Made for ZWT 9.
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer leaves and tops removed, root ends trimmed and stalks finely minced
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, thinly sliced
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water for 20 minutes and drained
- fresh mint and cilantro, for garnish
- chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together fish sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, sugar and oils until sugar has dissolved. Add lemongrass, shallot, garlic and pork. Mix to coat meat well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Thread pork loin onto skewers.
- Heat a large, well-oiled non-stick skillet or grill pan to medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook skewers until lightly browned and cooked all the way through. Remove skewers to a serving platter and garnish with fresh cilantro, mint and chopped peanuts.
- Can also be cooked on the grill.