This makes a lovely light lunch, but if you wish you may serve the chicken by itself as starters with chilli Mayo as a dip on the side. Cooking time indicated includes marinating time.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
For the Wrap
- 4 pita bread or 4 flat bread
- shredded lettuce
- 2 -3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 -8 radishes, sliced
For the Chilli Mayonnaise
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 fresh green chile, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- You will need flat metal skewers, or if using wooden skewers then soak them in water for atleast 20 minutes to stop them from burning.
- Cut each breast lengthwise into 3 strips.
- Combine garlic, cinnamon, allspice, pepper, oil, lemon juice and yoghurt in a bowl.
- Add in the chicken strips and toss to coat evenly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes (you may marinate the chicken for upto 3 hours in advance).
- Pre-heat indoor grill to medium-hot, or for outdoor grills, medium-hot coals.
- Thread 2-3 chicken strips onto each skewer.
- Grill turning every 2 minutes and basting with any remaining marinade until cooked through, for about 10 minutes.
- Warm the breads through for about 30 seconds on each side.
- To make the chilli mayonnaise, whisk chilli, coirander and lime juice into mayonnaise.
- Split open and separate each warmed pita into 2 halves.
- Slide the chicken pieces on each pita halves and top with lettuce, tomatoes and radishes and spoon over the chilli mayo.
- Add salt and pepper, roll up and serve hot.