Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A friend of DH's at work gave him a recipe for grilled tomatoes, I tweaked it a little and came up with this, it is really good.
- 4 red vine ripened tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- In a frying pan, brown garlic in the olive oil.
- Cut tomatoes in half and put them cut side up on a large plate or pan.
- Drizzle olive oil and garlic evenly over tomatoes.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning and salt and pepper on them.
- Sprinkle parmesan and shredded cheese on top and grill until they are soft and charcoaled and cheese is thoroughly melted.
In a word, "Excellent"! Since we have such an abundance of tomatoes, I thought I would try this and I am so glad I did. It can't get any easier and the flavor was outstanding with the oooy-gooy cheese. This makes a great side dish or you can top grilled chicken breasts with these tomatoes. Yum, yum. ANOTHER great recipe from Carolinerenee!!!