Recipe by WiGal
This is easy, tasty, and can be made with sugar free preserves. My DH and I love cinnamon so this glaze fits the bill. If you cannot buy a large ham steak, the thin ones work almost as well. Or you might buy a half ham and slice it into steaks at home. I have also just fried the steak on the stove, and then added the glaze to it.
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 lbs ham steaks (1 inch thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make the glaze in a small saucepan by combining the preserves, mustard, lemon juice, and cinnamon. Cook and stir over low heat until thoroughly combined--about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Score fatty edges of ham.
- Grill ham over medium coals for 6 to 8 minutes per side, brushing with glaze during the last few minutes of grilling.