Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
My husband has a weakness for grilled sandwiches. This is one of his many favorites.
- 1⁄4 cup thousand island dressing
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard (or to taste)
- 1 cup packaged coleslaw mix
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter or 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham (from the deli)
- 4 ounces thinly sliced swiss cheese
- In a bowl, mix together the salad dressing and mustard.
- Add in the coleslaw mix; stir to combine; season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with a thin layer of butter; turn bread over.
- Top 4 bread slices with half of the ham.
- Spoon coleslaw mixture evenly over the ham; top with cheese and remaining ham.
- Place remaining bread slices on top with butter side up.
- Place the sandwiches in a heated skillet; cook over medium-high for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Flip sandwiches and cook 2-3 minutes more or until bread is golden brown and cheese melts.