Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a web site called scribd.
- 8 slice country bread or 2 slice hearty raisin-pecan bread, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 14.79 ml apricot preserves or 14.79 ml peach preserves
- 4 slice brie cheese
- 8 slice prosciutto or 2 slice deli ham
- 118.32 ml blue cheese, crumbled
- 19.71 ml butter, melted
- 1 orange
- 236.59 ml madeira wine or 236.59 ml port wine
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice
- 118.29 ml lingonberry jelly
- 0.59 ml black pepper or 0.59 ml ground ginger
- To make EACH sandwich, spread 1 slice of bread with preserves.
- Top with 1/4 of Brie, ham, blue cheese, and then top with second slice of bread.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush top and bottom of sandwich lightly with butter; place sandwich in skillet and cook about 4 minutes per side until lightly browned and cheese begins to melt.
- Repeat for next sandwiches.
- For Lingonberry Sauce peel orange, finely chop the peel, SAVE juice.
- Put peel with wine in sauce pan and cook until reduced by one-third.
- Add juice of the orange, lemon juice, jelly, and seasoning.
- Stir until jelly is melted.
- Serve sauce with sandwich.