Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This one is my own creation. Here is a good way to eat Halibut with your hands. When you're buying the roast, remember that there is a lot of bone and skin to discard. I say it better to have too much fish than not enough. So use your best judgment when it comes to the quantity of fish.
- 4 lbs halibut (Roast)
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄4 cup dry vermouth
- 1⁄4 cup cooking wine
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 bulb shallot
- 12 ounces halibut
- 3 bell peppers
- 24 button mushrooms
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- to taste pepper
- Mix first half of ingredients together in a non-reactive dish or large Zip Lock bag. Soak skewers in water until needed. Slice fish and peppers in to 1” or 1½” cubes/squares.
- Marinate fish for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature before cooking. Drain and save marinade for basting.
- Skewer fish and vegetables together and grill about 10 to 15 (depends or the size of your fish) minutes over Medium heat. Basting with reserved marinade.
- Getting nice cubes of fish will be easier if you start with a roast or a fillet vs. a steak.
- Lemon juice will actually cook the fish while marinating. Do not over marinate.
- Adding a little (very little) Apple or Hickory wood chips will add to the flavor.
- I found that the marinate time was better at about 3 to 4 hours if you have large pieces of fish. Say 1½” to 2” chunks. You may not want to leave it out that long, try the first hour or two in the refrigerator and the last few at room temperature Just for safety.