Top Review by notomatoe
The Latin cookbook, Apicus, lists a cold cook chicken with a hoy apricot sauce. I make it manytimes and it is always good. This is ismilar in a way and one should try chicken with fruit especially apricots. Good recipe!
- 3 chicken breasts, split (with bone in)
- 1⁄3 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill.
- In a small saucepan, warm preserves, lemon juice, ginger, mustard, salt and pepper over medium heat, stirring, just until preserves melt, about 2 minutes.
- Grill chicken, skin side down, 10 minutes.
- Turn and grill 5 minutes.
- Brush with some of glaze and continue to grill, turning occasionally and brushing with more glaze, until chicken juice run clear when pricked with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes longer.
- Stop basting about 5 minutes before chicken is done.