Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Just pop them on the grill along side whatever else you are cooking!
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in half crosswise
- Preheat grill to high.
- Layer 2 sheets (12x12-inches each) of foil to form double thickness.
- Place foil sheets on cookie sheet, spray foil with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic and lemon juice.
- Season the cut-side of each tomato half with salt and pepper then top with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Arrange tomatoes on foil sheets and slide foil sheets onto grill.
- Grill 12 to 15 minutes in covered grill or until tops of tomatoes are browned.
- Slide foil sheets from grill onto cookie sheet.
I loved the taste of this coming off the grille yesterday. However trying to top the mayo mixture on the tomato didn't work very well. It kept sliding off. *s* So we just sliced the tomatos up and mixed them in with the mixture. Tasted good. Thanks for the recipe.
These grilled garlic tomatoes were absolutely wonderful. They turned out beautifully. Highly recommend this recipe.
These were excellent! What a delicious topping for tomatoes. Since it's January, I just popped the tomato halves in the oven and prepared them in that way - and they were soooooo good! I KNOW that we're going to add these to the grilling menu in the summer! I think this topping would also be good on zucchini halves or eggplant slices ... I have so many ideas for it. Very versatile, scrumptious, can't say enough good things about this dish. Thanks so much Lorac!!!