Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from Bobby Flay's book Grill It!
Make and share this Grilled Fruit W/Greek Yogurt, Warm Honey and Toasted Walnuts recipe from Food.com.
- 6 fresh ripe nectarines, peaches, apricots or 6 pineapple slices
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3⁄4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- fresh mint sprig, optional garnish
- Heat grill to high.
- Toast the walnuts in a small nonstick skillet, stirring frequently. As soon as they become fragrant and begin to brown, add honey; cook over medium heat until honey is hot. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Cut the fruit in half and remove pit. Brush the fruit with the oil, place on the grill cut side down and cook until golden brown and caramelized, about 2 minutes. (Note: the fruit may be threaded on greased metal skewers.).
- Turn the fruit over and continue cooking until just warmed through, about 2 minutes longer.
- Remove the fruit from the grill and place 3 halves on each plate. Top each half with some yogurt and drizzle the honey-walnut mixture over the top. Garnish wish a mint sprig, if desired.