Recipe by GordonFoodService
Grilled kale seasoned with garlic, a housemade yogurt sauce, and topped with cashews.
- 6 ounces flowering kale, trimmed
- 1 ounce primo gusto extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped garlic, in water
- kosher salt (to taste)
- trade east restaurant-grind black pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 ounce gfs jumbo roasted salted cashews, chopped into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 lbs plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon trade east granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon trade east granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon trade east white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Flowering Kale: Wash hands. Wash all fresh, unpackaged produce under running water. Drain well.
- Place kale leaves, olive oil, and garlic in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix together with a rubber spatula until leaves are coated with oil.
- Place on a heated char-grill or broiler over medium heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until ends of kale are lightly browned and leaves are tender. CCP: Final internal cooking temperature must reach a minimum of 135°F, held for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Place in a heated serving bowl. Drizzle 1 oz. yogurt sauce over the kale and sprinkle with chopped cashews.
- Yogurt Sauce: Wash hands. Place all ingredients in a stainless-steel mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a covered storage container, label, date, and refrigerate until needed. CCP: Refrigerate at 41°F, or below.