Recipe by BakinBaby
I found this great recipe at Detroit Free Press, submitted by Susan Selasky. The ingredients are ones that are typically available is most kitchens and the flavor really bursts from this economical cut of meat.
Top Review by love being mom
Fast, easy AND delicious! Great for a Sunday dinner when everyone is hungry and you want something nice...fast. Could possibly substitute Italian salad dressing for the oil and salad seasoning. Will definitely make this more often.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- black pepper
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs flat iron steaks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place steak in a plastic sealable bag.
- In a small glass; wisk together the remaining ingredients. Pour over the steak and marinate at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours
- Let meat set at room temperature for at least one hour prior to grilling.
- Remove meat from the marinade and discard marinade.
- Place steak on heated grill, cook about 5 minutes. You can rotate the steak about 45 degrees to create grill cross-hatch marks.
- Turn the steak over and move to a slightly cooler part of the grill and continue grilling about 4 minutes. Be careful not to overcook.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain.