Abby Girl's Note:
I found this recipe in Cook Illustrated. Makes a wonderful, tender flank steak
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 flank steak (or skirt steak)
- 1Marinade: Combine the shallot, garlic, olive oil and rosemary in a food processor. (roughly chop the ingredients before as the food processor will leave uneven chunks).
- 2Poke about 20 holes in the steak with a fork and repeat on the other side.
- 3Sprinikle the steak on both sides with 2 tsp kosher salt (or 1 tsp of table salt) Spread the marinade on both sides of the steak and refrigerate for 1 - 24 hours.
- 4Heat grill for about 10 minutes. Clean and re-season the grill with olive oil.
- 5With a papertowel, remove as much of the marinade as possible. (otherwise the garlic, shallot and rosemary would burn). Grind some fresh pepper over the steak.
- 6Sear 4 - 6 minutes on the first side. Turn and cook 3 - 4 minutes on the other side. Watch carefully as it can burn quite easily. With a paring knife, cut a small slit in the middle and check for doneness. Move to a cooler part of the grill and continue until rare.
- 7Remove from the grill while still pink -- cover with tinfoil and let sit for 5 minutes. (the steak will continue cooking while in the resting stage.
- 8Cut the steak across the grain.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Flank Steak With Shallot-Garlic-Rosemary Marinade
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 401.1
- Calories from Fat 224
- Total Fat 24.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 915.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 16.5 g