Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Light up the cookout with spicy fish.
- 6 river fish, gutted and cleaned, but with heads intact (use small ones)
- 1 lb ground lean pork
- 3 inches fresh gingerroot, peeled and chopped finely
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 4 red bird's eye chilies, chopped finely
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt, for sprinkling on fish
- banana leaf
- In a glass or metal bowl, mix the pork, ginger, garlic, chilies, cilantro and salt.
- Stuff the meat mixture inside each fish. Lightly salt the outside of each fish to taste.
- Wrap each fish tightly in banana leaves. When done, each fish should be completely sealed inside the leaves.
- Grill individual fish packets over hot coals approximately 7 min per side until done (cooking times may vary, so check one before opening them all).
- Open the packets and serve.