Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Gourmet 1990. They don't say what *kind* of lentils. Use your favorite?
- 3⁄4 cup lentils, picked over
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) skinless flounder fillets or 4 (6 -8 ounce) orange roughy fillets
- all-purpose flour, for dredging the fish
- In a large saucepan of boiling water boil the lentils for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are just tender, drain them in a sieve, and rinse them briefly under cold water.
- Drain the lentils well and in a bowl toss them with the bell pepper, the onion, the tomatoes, the coriander, the oil, the vinegar, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pat the fillets dry, season them with salt and pepper, and dredge them in the flour, shaking off the excess.
- Grill the fillets on an oiled rack set about 6 inches over glowing coals or in an oiled ridged grill pan over moderately high heat for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until the just flake.
- Divide the salsa among 4 plates and top each serving with a fillet.