1/2 Photos of Grilled Cornish Game Hens & Eggplant Stuffing
The Galveston Chef's Note:
Cornish hen grilled and placed with eggplant dressing. ****You can sub the eggplant with oysters just don't add salt to the stuffing.You can also use wild mushrooms. I spice up the hens with creole seasonings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare the hen by splitting it in half and remove the backbone.
- 2Season the hen with black pepper and salt set aside.
- 3Add butter to heated pot with a splash of chicken stock.
- 4Chop celery, eggplant, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; add to pot.
- 5Season with sage, salt, pepper and file.
- 6Smother ingredients until clear.
- 7Add bread crumbs and chicken stock and mix.
- 8Place in shallow pan and bake at 375°F for about 30 minute.
- 9Grill the hen on your grill brushing with butter until done.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Cornish Game Hens & Eggplant Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (1481 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1537.6
- Calories from Fat 341
- Total Fat 37.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 340.1 mg
- Sodium 2157.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 187.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.5 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 111.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: