Recipe by The Galveston Chef
Cornish hen grilled and placed with eggplant dressing. ****You can sub the eggplant with oysters just don't add salt to the stuffing.You can also use wild mushrooms. I spice up the hens with creole seasonings.
- 24 ounces Cornish hens
- 4 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch gumbo file
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium bell pepper
- 1 pinch cracked black pepper
- 4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 pinch parsley flakes
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the hen by splitting it in half and remove the backbone.
- Season the hen with black pepper and salt set aside.
- Add butter to heated pot with a splash of chicken stock.
- Chop celery, eggplant, onion, bell pepper, and garlic; add to pot.
- Season with sage, salt, pepper and file.
- Smother ingredients until clear.
- Add bread crumbs and chicken stock and mix.
- Place in shallow pan and bake at 375°F for about 30 minute.
- Grill the hen on your grill brushing with butter until done.