Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A colorful variety of corn, cherry and/or yellow tomatoes, spinach, and fresh oregano, are tossed in prepackaged, reduced-calorie Italian dressing for a low-fat, tangy, vegetable salad. From Better Homes and Gardens
- 4 ear corn
- 118.29 ml reduced-calorie Italian dressing
- 473.18 ml fresh spinach, shredded
- 473.18 ml cherry tomatoes, halved (red or yellow)
- 9.85 ml fresh oregano or 9.85 ml basil
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- fresh oregano (optional) or basil leaves (optional)
- Remove husks and silks from corn. Brush with some of the salad dressing. Grill on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; turning often. (Or place in a shallow baking pan; bake in a 425 degree F oven for 30 minutes, turning once.) When corn is cool enough to handle, cut kernels from cobs (you should have about 2 cups kernels).
- In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, spinach, tomatoes, and snipped herb. Add remaining salad dressing; toss gently to coat.
- To serve, spoon corn mixture into 6 small mugs or bowls. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. If desired, top with oregano leaves.
- **Make-Ahead Directions: Prepare as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
One minor adjustment, I mixed some butter, and a pinch oregano, and buttered the corn, and foiled them before grilling, and then sprinklig a pinch more oregano, that stuck to the foil, but no biggie. I used red cherry tomatoes with this. Since we had a filling lunch, this made for a nice light dinner. Grilling the corn, I believe gave it a nicer flavor. This would be great with some burgers too. Made for your win in Football Pool.
This is so beautiful! I grilled my corn while grilling scallops over medium heat, so my corn didn't get brown, but I did have some of the smoky taste from the grill. I chose basil instead of oregano, and just loved the bright colors. This is a delicious salad, and a perfect side for grilled meats or poultry. Thanks for sharing! Made for Photo Tag.