Grilled Corn Salad With Honey Garlic Dressing
photo by Mrs Goodall
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the broiler or grill to moderate. Remove the husks and silks from the corn.
- Rub the canola oil over the corn and season it with salt and black pepper. Broil or grill it for about 6 minutes or until the ears are golden brown.
- Let the corn cool down, then remove the kernels, and combine them with the cherry tomatoes, red onion, and red bell pepper.
- Combine the olive oil, honey, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and cilantro to make the salad dressing and add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir the dressing into the corn mixture. Arrange the arugula in a big serving bowl and top it with the corn mixture. Garnish the corn salad with the fresh parsley. Serve at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We all loved this salad very much. For this recipe I boilled the corn for about 10 minutes before putting it under the broiler. I used the recipe as described using tomatoes, arugula, cilantro and parsley from the garden, and honey form our bees (we are beekeper),,,,the other ingredients form the shop. Using fresh corn for a salad makes a great difference especially if it was grilled before. Thanks a lot for this healthy and yummy salad!
Really liked this! I was a bit heavy handed on the honey, and wish I hadn't been, my dressing was a tad too sweet, but like I said, used a touch more than the recipe called for, so my own fault. The colors are beautiful and the flavor is lovely! Thanks for posting. Made for Culinary Quest 2014, PNW Region.