Recipe by Rita~
A well seasoned chicken using chives 3 times throughout the recipe. Once fresh, an other time in the seasoned salt and then as a garnish. I used all the parts of the chicken so there is something for everyone.
- 4 lbs chicken (cut into Thighs, legs, wings and breastswashed and dried)
- 1 teaspoon Agave or 1 teaspoon honey or 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (Green Herb Seasoned Salt)
- 1 teaspoon sumac or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- fresh chive blossoms, and or chives, buds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix marinade ingredients together.
- Rub into the chicken pieces, massaging in well.
- Marinade for 1-4 hours.
- Bring to room temperature for 20 minutes before grilling.
- Preheat grill to high. Oil grill and place chicken on to brown both side about 3-4 minutes per side. More to indirect heat. and continue cooking till 165 -170 degrees internal temperature. Do take note that the legs and wings will cook quicker then the whole breasts. Remove as the pieces cook and tent under foil to keep warm.
- Garnish with fresh chive blossoms.