1/1 Photo of Grilled Chilli & Cilantro Salmon With Ginger Rice
I am a big fan of salmon. It is full of omega 3 and generally tasty and good for you. I am always looking for new salmon recipes to add to our rotation. I found this one in the August 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, halved, for serving
For The Rice
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and at the same time put the water in another pot and bring to a boil.
- 2Fry the onion for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- 3Stir in the ginger and garlic for 1 minute, then stir in the rice.
- 4Add boiling water and a little salt, then bring to the boil.
- 5Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until the rice is tender.
- 6Heat grill/broiler to medium.
- 7Brush a baking tray lightly with a little oil.
- 8Put the salmon on top and grill/broil for 4-5 minutes.
- 9Scatter with chilli, cilantro, remaining olive oil and seasoning.
- 10Grill/broil again for just 4-5 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- 11Serve with the rice and line halves for squeezing over.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chilli & Cilantro Salmon With Ginger Rice
Serving Size: 1 (480 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.4
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 77.9 mg
- Sodium 79.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 34.1 g