I am a big fan of salmon. It is full of omega 3 and generally tasty and good for you. I am always looking for new salmon recipes to add to our rotation. I found this one in the August 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 2 (5 ounce) boneless skinless salmon fillets
- 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, halved, for serving
For The Rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 1⁄2 ounces water
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces basmati rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and at the same time put the water in another pot and bring to a boil.
- Fry the onion for a few minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic for 1 minute, then stir in the rice.
- Add boiling water and a little salt, then bring to the boil.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Heat grill/broiler to medium.
- Brush a baking tray lightly with a little oil.
- Put the salmon on top and grill/broil for 4-5 minutes.
- Scatter with chilli, cilantro, remaining olive oil and seasoning.
- Grill/broil again for just 4-5 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with the rice and line halves for squeezing over.