Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
if you can come up with a better description name let me know. I eat this all the time at my favorite resturant. It is light and GREAT--- I eat it with mashed potaotes perfectly seasoned and steamed fresh green beans. Wish I had tried to make it a long time ago!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, filleted thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cavendars all purpose Greek seasoning (optional)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 roma tomato, cut into half circles (thin or thick is your preference)
- 13 ounces canned artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (choose a good pinot grigio)
- 1 cup fresh spinach (about a handfull)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fine sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- season chicken breast with salt and pepper and cavendars (or use a season you like) drizzle with 1 Tbsp olive oil and let sit in refridgerator about 30 minutes to "marinate" .
- grill chicken on indirect heat closed grill medium heat until done.
- sauce: in 2 Tbsp olive olive suate onion, garlic and mushrooms until almost done.
- add wine and let alcohol boil off a few second or so, add stock let cook for as long as it takes chicken to cook.
- just before reday to serve add artichoke hearts, bring sauce back to a boil to heat through.
- plate chicken and throw in tomatoes and spinach stir well and ladle over chicken.
- serve with mashed potatoes and some steamed vegies for a great lighter meal with low fat!