Recipe by susie cooks
In Morocco cooks rub chickens (poussins, about 1 pound are best) with an aromatic paste, like this one, before grilling. From Saveur magazine. Time for marinating is not included in cook time.
- 3 scallions, white ends only, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 29.58 ml fresh cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 7.39 ml sweet paprika
- 0.25 ml hot paprika
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 59.14 ml butter, soft
- 2 small chicken
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the scallions, garlic, cilantro, parsley, salt, paprikas, and cumin with a mortar and pestle. Blend in soft butter.
- Wash poussins or chickens, split them bown the back, and flatten; dry well.
- Rub inside and out with butter paste, then let stand at least 1 hour. Save any extra paste.
- Preheat grill, place chickens skin side up. Turn after 2 minutes and baste with any extra paste. Continue to turn and baste until skin is crisp and flesh is firm.