Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Great summer meal! This works well with pork too.
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- In a small bowl, combine onion, lime juice, jalapenos, oil and cumin. Pour 1/2 cup into a plastic zipper bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Set aside 1/3 cup of the remaining marinade.
- Place the remaining marinade in a large bowl; add the avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly and 1/3 cup marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes each side, until juices run clear, brushing occasionally with jelly mixture. Serve with the salsa.
very good. left out jalapeno jelly/peppers but stll found it delish. friends enjoyed it as well. gave them recipe as they want to mke it with the hot stuff Easy recipe to follow. This is a keeper for parties. Thanks for sharing
Absolutely wonderful! I made as written, except used 4 boness chicken breasts rather than the pork tenderloin given in the ingredient list. I'll make it over and over, since we live near family who grow avacadoes and we always need new recipes. I can't wait to make it again and invite them! (The salsa can also be used with many other dihes...perhaps adding lime or other experiments!)