Recipe by SweetySJD
Great summer meal! This works well with pork too.
Top Review by MISSIB
very good. left out jalapeno jelly/peppers but stll found it delish. friends enjoyed it as well. gave them recipe as they want to mke it with the hot stuff Easy recipe to follow. This is a keeper for parties. Thanks for sharing
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 2 medium avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine onion, lime juice, jalapenos, oil and cumin. Pour 1/2 cup into a plastic zipper bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate 2 hours.
- Set aside 1/3 cup of the remaining marinade.
- Place the remaining marinade in a large bowl; add the avocados, tomatoes, cucumber, green onions, cilantro, honey, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a small saucepan, combine jelly and 1/3 cup marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick spray before starting the grill. Drain and discard marinade from chicken. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat 4-6 minutes each side, until juices run clear, brushing occasionally with jelly mixture. Serve with the salsa.