Recipe by WeekendWarrior
These chicken kebabs, feating the zing of portuguese "peri-peri" or hot pepper sauce, are known as sosaties in South Africa. Recipe is from a news paper article about South African BBQ's
- 16 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups bell peppers, cut into squares
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, cut into cubes
- 1⁄2 cup bottled hot sauce (peri-peri sauce)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut each chicken breats into 1-inch strips; thread strips alternately onto skewers with peppers and onions.
- Stir together hot sauce, butter, lemon juice and garlic in small saucepan; cook over low heat until butter is melted. Set aside half the mixture in small bowl.
- Brush skewers with remaining hot sauce mixture and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is cooked through and lightly charred.
- Remove from grill and brush liberally with reserved sauce.