This seems like a lot of steps, but it was really fast to put together, and tasted great! Something different for grilling season. We don't grill much since we're in a condo, but I think it would be great to throw a few extra chicken breasts on when you have grill night, then toss them in the fridge and whip this up stir-fry style the next day for a quick but delicious meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces penne pasta
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces of sliced black olives
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, -crushed
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 2 small zucchini or 2 medium zucchini, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 6 -8 ounces baby spinach leaves
- parmesan cheese (sprinkle on top at table)
- 1Mix olive oil and pressed garlic together, and brush/smear onto chicken (both sides).
- 2Grill chicken in olive oil and garlic. (I do this indoors with my Calphalon grill pan).
- 3When cooked through, remove chicken from pan/grill, and cut into strips.
- 4Add zucchini cubes and pepper strips to the grill pan and sautee them in the juices from the chicken.
- 5Meanwhile, boil the penne.
- 6Sautee the spinich.
- 7When veggies are cooked through, but still firm, add olives, spinich and chicken strips to the grill pan. Mix together and keep over low heat while pasta finishes cooking.
- 8Drain pasta and throw the veggie and chicken mixture into the pasta pot.
- 9Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Chicken, Penne & Veggies
Serving Size: 1 (452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 520.9
- Calories from Fat 167
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 576.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 31.4 g