Recipe by Jellyqueen
Because DH and I are empty nesters, I am always on the lookout for recipes for 2. And because I love to grill, I will grill the meat for several meals at one time and use it several different ways. This recipe fits both requirements; the perfect meal for 2 and also perfect to use up that leftover chicken. This is my version of a recipe that I saw in one of the TOH magazines. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
Top Review by mrpaul
This is a winner and just enough for two !!! We used canned peach slices because the peach crop wasn't so great this year. I think next time I'll add just a touch of heat....Quick and easy so even I could do it !!! Thanks
- 3 -4 cooked chicken breast strips, diced (I prefer mine grilled)
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 large peach, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place peach jam and water into a medium size sauce pan and cook over low heat until well blended and smooth.
- Add chicken and peach and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, just until chicken is heated through.
- Divide rice between 2 plates and spoon over the rice.
- Serving Suggestion:.
- I usually serve with a green salad, french style beans and sesame rolls and have a wonderful quick and easy meal.