Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Because DH and I are empty nesters, I am always on the lookout for recipes for 2. And because I love to grill, I will grill the meat for several meals at one time and use it several different ways. This recipe fits both requirements; the perfect meal for 2 and also perfect to use up that leftover chicken. This is my version of a recipe that I saw in one of the TOH magazines. Hope you enjoy as much as we do.
- 3 -4 cooked chicken breast strips, diced (I prefer mine grilled)
- 1 cup peach jam
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 large peach, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Place peach jam and water into a medium size sauce pan and cook over low heat until well blended and smooth.
- Add chicken and peach and simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes, just until chicken is heated through.
- Divide rice between 2 plates and spoon over the rice.
- Serving Suggestion:.
- I usually serve with a green salad, french style beans and sesame rolls and have a wonderful quick and easy meal.
This is a winner and just enough for two !!! We used canned peach slices because the peach crop wasn't so great this year. I think next time I'll add just a touch of heat....Quick and easy so even I could do it !!! Thanks
Awesome dish for two, so it was perfect for us tonight as my daughter is with friends. We made it exactly as written, and it was delicious! Fast and easy, well written recipe. Thanks for posting!!
This was fabulous! I used sauteed boneless, skinless thighs & didn't cut them up. This did scream for rice but I wasn't on the mood, so I skipped the rice this time. Everyone loved it! We were thinking of all the different flavors of jam & fruit we could use the same way, lol. Great recipe, JQ! Thanks!