This is a great tasting salad. When I worked at a local restaurant, this was the biggest lunch seller!
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Grill, covered, 4- 6 inches over medium heat or coals for 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Cut chicken into diagonal slices.
- Toss romaine, cheese, croutons, carrots and dressing together in a large bowl.
- Reassemble chicken breasts on top of salad.
This is a good version of the classic Chicken Caesar. We make it with Hannah's Homemade Croutons Hannah's homemade parmesan croutons - or eat in pitas with tomato.
I used to have a chicken caesar salad at Smokey Mountain Pizza, until they closed down! I have been trying to duplicate it at home-now with success! This was SO good. I didn't use any carrot; used chopped red onions instead-just a few croutons (used whole grain) & fat free caesar dressing. I mixed a little lemon juice & black pepper into the dressing for a kick. It turned out GREAT! I loved the grilled chicken part-added a little italian seasoning for more flavor. Thanks so much for sharing this!
Scaled this down for 2 servings for a quick lunch for me and my BF... I grilled the chicken on our gas grill and let it cool slightly as I prepared Kittencal's Famous Caesar Salad to use for the dressing. I did not use the shredded carrots because I was too lazy to shred them and my BF doesn't think they belong on a caesar salad! Love, love, love this quick and easy salad that really packs a punch, flavor wise... Thanks so much for sharing!