Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
New twist to the burger on the grill! Could probably change it around to make it less spicy for the kiddies (using a different cheese, perhaps leaving out the peppers, etc.).
- 3 lbs ground turkey breast
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (use two if brave!)
- 1 cup monterey jack pepper cheese, diced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 12 hamburger buns, split (toasted if desired)
- 12 slices tomatoes
- In large bowl, mix turkey, chiles, cheese, pepper and 1 1/2 cups salsa. Shape mixture into 12 patties, each about 3/4 inch thick.
- Place patties on preheated grill. Cover grill and cook over medium heat about 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until thermometer inserted in center of patties reads 165°F
- Serve burgers on buns with tomato slices and additional salsa.