Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Tex-Mex Magic Weekend from Good Food Magazine, August 1986
Top Review by Sue Lau
Very tasty! I prepared mine in the toaster oven first covering with foil, then uncovering to brown, as I would have on a grill. The green onion was a nice change from spicier things like jalapenos, although I did serve mine with a salsa roja/creme fraiche dip that kicked things up a bit. Thanks for sharing-
- 1 1⁄4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 4-1/2 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (about 4 oz.)
- 6 flour tortillas (6-8 inches)
- 4 scallions, cut diagonally into thin slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheeses. Lightly butter sheet of aluminum foil 3-4 inches larger than tortillas. Place tortilla on middle of foil; sprinkle one-thired of the cheese over tortilla, then one-third of the scallions. Top with second tortilla and press lightly together. Fold foil loosely over edge of tortillas, leaving most of the top exposed. Repeat with remaining tortillas, cheese, and scallions.
- When grill is waqrming and before it is hot enough to grill meat, place 1 or 2 foil packages, foil side down, on grill. (They can also be grilled under the broiler. Broil, foil side down, 6 inches from heat until cheese melts, about 4 minutes.) Grill until cheese melts, about 4 minutes. dlip packages and grill until top is lightly toasted, 1-2 minutes.
- Immediately cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges and serve hot. Grill remaining quesadilas.