Recipe by lynda clark
CHEESE...CHEESE...AND MORE CHEESE!!! Once more, this is not my recipe, but if it has cheese and buttery toasted bread, then I am there. I guarantee that any one who likes cheese, will definetly like this one. NOTE: RECIPE COMPLEMENTS OF ABOUT.COM
- 4 ounces swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cheeses, mayonnaise, mustard, and chopped onion.
- Spread mixture on one side of 4 of the bread slices to within 1/4-inch of edges.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- Spread softened butter on the outer sides of the sandwiches.
- Cook over medium heat in a hot skillet or griddle until golden brown, turning once.