Prep 4 mins
Cook 8 mins
I love tomato and mayonnaise on a sandwich, and I also love grilled cheese, which makes this a perfect sandwich!
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices American cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (* I think JFG is the best, but whatever you like*)
- yellow sweet onion, diced (optional)
- crisp leaf lettuce (optional)
- salt & pepper
- Add butter to the outsides of the bread.
- Lay down one slice in stovetop pan, add the 2 slices of cheese, then lay down other slice of bread on top of cheese.
- Cook in the pan till it is a perfect grilled cheese -- about 7-9 minutes.
- Put grilled cheese on plate and immediately pull the two pieces of bread apart.
- Lay the tomato down on the cheesiest side.
- Add 3-4 tbs (big heaping spoons) of mayonnaise to other side and smooth out until you have a very thick layer of mayonnaise.
- You can now add the onion (*which is good but optional*).
- You can also add the lettuce (*optional; I have never added lettuce before, but I am sure it is good, but I would just add mayonnaise and tomato first [and onion if you want]*).
- I add a little salt & pepper to the tomatoes.
- Now lay the mayonnaise cheese bread down on top of the tomatoes for an extremely delicious sandwich!
This is AWESOME!! It was definitely the best sandwich I have ever made in such a short amount of time (note: I didn't use the onions). This sandwich was so great, that I made an account specifically to rate this. IT WAS AMAZING.<br/><br/>Thank You!!
Pretty good recipe. Definitely a lot better than the grilled cheese deluxe from Cheesers. Yeah it is!!!
Yummy! I used all the options and had a nice lunch! I used my homemade bread and cheddar cheese. Thank you Chef Sunshine!