Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
Make and share this Grilled Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- Butter both sides of one slice of bread.
- butter one side of the other slice of bread.
- place both slices of bread into a cast iron skillet.
- put 2 slices of cheese on the slice of bread that is not buttered.
- wait until slice buttered on both sides is golden brown on one side and flip.
- put 1 slice of cheese on that golden brown slice and put other slice of bread on top of the other slice and cook both sides until golden brown and cheese is melted.
So simple, yet so good! I used a whole grain bread. Loved the ooey gooeyness of the cheese. Thanks!
Wonderful grilled cheese! Grilling both sides of one slice of bread makes a nice crsipy sandwich that doesnt go limp in the middle. I only use unsalted butter so subbed that for the salted and Pepperidge Farm's sourdough bread. Thought 3 slices of cheese would be a bit to much but it was perfect. Will be making my grilled cheese like this again! Made and reviewed for the What's in Season's Comfort Food recipe tag game.