Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
A family favorite: Spicy, crisp and tender salmon. Started to make it just for two until I made a much larger batch for a summer lunch on a whim and it was perfectly light and flavorful! Hope you give it a try (-:
- 2 lbs salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine cajun spices
- 1⁄3 cup roasted pineapple and habanero sauce (optional)
- Preheat Grill to 500 degrees on High.
- Slice salmon fillet into five equal pieces.
- Place salmon pieces on a sheet of aluminum foil large enough to leave 3" excess all around.
- Coat salmon with 1 teaspoon olive oil (I prefer using a spray bottle for my olive oil, approximately 5 sprays).
- Sprinkle same side of salmon with half the spices and rub into fish.
- If using optional sauce, spread all of the sauce atop spice and rub into fish.
- Flip the salmon pieces over and coat other side with 1 teaspoon olive oil and remaining spices, rub into fish.
- Fold edges of foil up and slide onto hot covered grill cooking on high for about 7 minutes. Carefully flip each piece and continue to grill for 5-6 more minutes.
- Carefully move to serving platter, enjoy hot off the grill with a fresh garden salad.