Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This came out of the Sunday newspaper coupon flier. Sounded simple and yummy so I wanted to save it.
- 4 chicken breasts, split, skin on with ribs
- 1 (12 ounce) containerheluva good buttermilk ranch dressing (dip)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh savory, chopped (or other fresh herb)
- Wash and dry the chicken breasts and set aside.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, put in the ranch dip, lemon zest and juice, garlic, olive oil and fresh ground pepper. Process until well blended. Stir in the herbs.
- Place the chicken in a large zip loc bag and pour in the marinade to coat the chicken well. Close bag tightly and place in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat grill and when well heated, reduce to low.
- Lay the chicken on the grill, cover and check frequently to make sure chicken does not burn. It is important to cook the chicken slowly about 25-30 minutes turning once.
I made 2 major chgs in this recipe & almost felt guilty reviewing it, but my outcome was so great that I hope you will not mind my methods. Ranch dressing is impossible to find here, so I made my own using Recipe #41602 by Miss Annie & then made the marinade as written. My major chgs were to use it on *cod fish fillets* & bake them vs grill them. I cooked the fillets in a baking dish w/the marinade over them. When nearly done, I poured off the liquid & returned the fillets to the oven to finish cooking while I used the liquid & marinade mix to make a light sauce for them. Cod can get dry & taste fishy, but these fillets were moist & very flavourful. The way I see it, this is another creative cooking success story & I hope you agree as we love this marinade & hope to use it often. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us. :-)
Very moist and tender chicken. Made as posted and I froze the leftover cooked chicken to use on salads and sandwiches for quick lunches. Made for PAC Fall '07. Definitely a keeper Kim.
This was INCREDIBLE. I only had some Kraft Ranch salad dressing and used dried oregano instead of the savory. I used my double burner grill instead of the outdoor grill and boneless skinless chicken breasts, but MAN! It was so good! Thanks so much!