1 hr 5 mins
There are larger cuts of beef but none feeds so many people so quickly and/or so delicioulsy. Nick Fauchald serves sliced tenderloin alongside grilled bread smeared with chile butter & charred cherry tomatoes. Food & Wine Magazine, June 2008 edition. Recipe from: Easy Grilling: 5 Techniques for the Lazy Griller, Easy Grilling, Pairing of the Day. The tenderloin needs 10 minutes of resting time and make the butter and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 medium shallots, minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 3 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- kosher salt
RUB FOR TENDERLOIN
- 1ANCHO-CHILE BUTTER:.
- 2Set up a grill for indirect grilling, with the coals on one side, and heat to 450°F.
- 3In a bowl, mix the butter, shallots, jalapenos and chile powder; season with salt.
- 4Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a 1 1/2-inch-thick log; refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- 5RUB FOR TENDERLOIN:.
- 6In a bowl, mix the brown sugar, paprika, pepper and 1 tablespoon of salt.
- 7Rub the beef with the spice mixture.
- 8Oil, or spray, the grate and grill the beef directly over the coals, turning, until charred, 12 minutes.
- 9Move the beef away from the coals.
- 10Cover and grill for 25 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the beef registers 130°F.
- 11Transfer to a carving board; let rest for 10 minutes.
- 12Grill the bread directly over the coals until toasted.
- 13Spread the bread with half of the ancho-jalapeno butter.
- 14Slice the remaining butter and transfer to a plate.
- 15Slice the beef and serve with the toasts and ancho-jalapeno butter.
- 16*Serve with a rich, curranty red blend: 2006 Henry’s Drive Pillar Box Red.
Browse Our Top Roast Beef Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Roast Beef Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Beef Tenderloin With Ancho-Jalapeno Butter
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 813.1
- Calories from Fat 485
- Total Fat 53.9 g
- Saturated Fat 26.3 g
- Cholesterol 182.8 mg
- Sodium 488.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 42.0 g