Recipe by Your Gourmet Girlfriend
We do this when we are out in camping with our friends. Really delicious. You should see their faces when they are served this gourmet dessert out in the open under the stars. A treat even if you're at home.
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 bananas, peel on sliced through lenghtwise
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream (that's where the RV comes in handy, we have a freezer!)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, blend rum, honey and cinnamon. Reserve (I do this before we go and put it in a tupperware container).
- Over direct heat grill bananas, cut-side down for 3 min, or until bananas get obvious grill marks.
- Turn bananas and brush with honey-rum mixture. Continue grilling, with lid down, for five minutes or until bananas are cooked throughout.
- Remove and serve immdiately with ice cream.