Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Rachael Ray. This one screams out to be made for the hubby.
- 453.59 g refrigerated pizza dough
- 14.79 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing
- 340.19 g ground beef
- 4 slice bacon
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 177.44 ml shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Divide the pizza dough and form into 2 balls. Place in a large bowl greased with 1 tablespoon olive oil, cover with plastic wrap and let rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef over medium heat, breaking up the meat, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In the same skillet, cook the bacon until crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain. Reserve the drippings in the skillet.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes; add to the beef.
- Crumble the bacon into the beef mixture and stir in the cheese; season with salt.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1 ball of dough into a 12-inch round and transfer to a large oiled baking sheet. Place half the beef mixture on one side of the round.
- Top with half the tomatoes. Fold over the dough to form a half moon; crimp the edge to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining dough. Brush the calzones with olive oil.
- Pierce a vent in the top of each calzone. Transfer the baking sheet to the grill, cover and bake until golden-brown, about 20 minutes.