1/3 Photos of Grilled Baby New Potato Salad With French Green Beans and Mint (
Kumquat the Cat's friend's Note:
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Helen Henderson, the chef, says that to satisfy any potato loving Swede's craving for pasta salad, you should add angel-hair pasta tossed with olive oil, salt and pepper. I say this looks good enough to eat on its own and the olives and tomatoes look too good to leave out. I reduced the olive oil to 1 tablespoon from 3 and guessed on the cook time. If you don't have access to a grill I think you could grill in a non-stick frying pan with a small amount of olive oil. From The Swedish Table.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts water, salted
- 2 lbs baby new potatoes, assorted, such as Peruvian blue, fingerling, red bliss (about 25-30)
- 1 lb French style green bean, trimmed (thin)
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (flat-leaf)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted, herbed (optional)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
- 1In large saucepan bring salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until just soft, about 3-5 minutes. Drain in colander and let dry on paper towels.
- 2While potatoes are boiling bring a small pot of water to a boil. Cook beans until just done but still crisp, about 4-5 minutes. Drain immediately and rinse in cold water. Set aside.
- 3Light an outdoor grill or a stovetop grill pan. Cut cooked potatoes in half or, if tiny, leave whole. Spray cut side with olive oil and grill cut side down until marks appear.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare dressing by mixing garlic, mustard, vinegar, parsley and mint in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. When potatoes are grilled but still hot, toss in dressing and season to taste with salt and pepper. Add green beans and olives and tomatoes, if desired, and mix well. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Baby New Potato Salad With French Green Beans and Mint (
Serving Size: 1 (943 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.3
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 348.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.7 g