Grilled Aubergine (Eggplant) in Honey and Spices
- Preheat a grill or griddle pan.
- Dip each aubergine slice in olive oil and cook either on grill or in griddle pan until golden on both sides.
- In a wide fry pan fry the garlic in a little olive oil for a few seconds then stir in the ginger cumin, harissa, honey and lemon juice.
- Add enough water to cover the base of the pan and to thin the mixture then lay aubergine slices into this.
- cook gently for about 10 mins or until all the sauce has been absorbed.
- add a little extra water if necessary to give a coating sauce, season to taste with salt and serve at room temperature with chunks of fresh bread.