Recipe by Little Suzy Homemaker
This is from Bon Appetit. I love flank steak and often make it marinated with equal parts soy sauce, vinegar and oil and then grill after 24 hours. This is a nice variation and the slaw is good too!
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 5 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger, divided
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs flank steaks
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 red jalapenos, thinly sliced into rounds
- 5 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soy sauce, oil, 3 teaspoons ginger and garlic in a resealable plastic bag. Add flank steak and seal bag; turn to coat. Marinade for 30 minutes to overnight as desired. Let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before grilling.
- Stir sugar and vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Add jalapenos and remaining 2 teaspoons ginger. Place cabbage and 1/2 cup green onions in a medium bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand while grilling steak, tossing occasionally.
- Grill steak over medium heat BBQ until cooked to desired doneness, about 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer to work surface. Let rest for 10 minutes. Slice steak thinly against the grain. Serve with slaw and sprinkle 1/4 cup green onions over all for garnish.