Prep 12 mins
Cook 8 mins
I found this in our local paper and wasn't so sure about it after I read the recipe. We grill pineapple, but I hasn't tried apricots. Then I decided to make it, and boy, am I glad I did! You will love it too! Please note: this is an adopted recipe and I hope to make it soonest. If you make it before I do than I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks ! ZWT REGION: United States of America.
- 3⁄4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 8 ripe apricots, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream or 1 quart butter pecan ice cream or 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- whipped cream (optional)
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans on rimmed baking sheet. Bake until lightly toasted, about 3-5 minutes. Watch carefully because nuts burn easily. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat grill. Generously brush apricots on both sides with oil. Grill cut side down for 2 to 3 minutes or until grill-marked. Turn and grill 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. The apricots need to be soft enough to cut with a spoon. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over barely simmering water, stirring frequently. Heat chocolate only enough to melt it.
- Place 2 apricot halves, cut side up, in each of 8 bowls. Top with scoop of ice cream. Drizzle with melted chocolate and top with toasted nuts. If desired, garnish each with whipped cream and sprig of fresh mint.