Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Roasted Red Onion Mayo
- 2On a small rimmed baking sheet, toss the red onion, olive oil, salt and pepper together.
- 3Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the onion is very soft, stirring occasionally.
- 4Remove from oven and let cool.
- 5Transfer to a food processor and buzz until finely chopped.
- 6Add the mayo and pulse until smooth and combined.
- 8Preheat a seasoned grill pan or griddle over medium heat.
- 9Assemble this sandwich just as you would a traditional grilled cheese sandwich: spread 1 slice of bread with some Red Onion Mayo, then top with 2 slices Cheddar, the bacon, the apple slices, then 2 more slices of Cheddar, finishing with another mayo-slathered slice of bread.
- 10Butter the outsides of the bread and transfer to the hot grill.
- 11Grill about 3 minutes per side, since this sandwich is so thick.
- 12Remove to a cutting board and cut the sandwich in half on the diagonal to serve.
- 13***Paula's instructions were for just one sandwich. Obviously, the red onion mayo will serve more than one person.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Apple, Bacon and Cheddar Sandwich With Roasted Red Onion
Serving Size: 1 (717 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2295.4
- Calories from Fat 1525
- Total Fat 169.4 g
- Saturated Fat 50.8 g
- Cholesterol 240.3 mg
- Sodium 3905.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 145.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.0 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 52.9 g