Recipe by Crockpothead
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Red bell peppers stuffed with cheese, bacon, potatoes, salsa, and an egg cooked out on the grill so it gets a nice smokey flavor! One bite and it will be the only thing you crave.
- 4 red bell peppers (nice big strait ones that stand well, good for stuffing)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 12 slices cooked bacon (diced)
- 4 tablespoons shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 tablespoons goat cheese
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons new mexican green chili salsa (optional)
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Begin by preheating your grill, and preheat a skillet to toast the potatoes. Add a drizzle of oil to pan and toss in the potatoes, cook on medium-high heat for about 7-10 min stirring occasionally until nice and golden.
- While the potatoes are cooking slice the tops off of your bell peppers and remove all the seeds and ribs. Put about 1 table spoon of each cheese into the bottom of each bell pepper.
- To each bell pepper add salsa, potatoes, and bacon. Since bell peppers range in size the amount of filling differs, just eyeball it, but be sure to leave plenty of room on top for an egg.
- Crack an egg on top of each one and be careful not to break the yolk. Spray the top of the eggs and the outer walls of the bell peppers with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill on the top rack over indirect med-high heat for 15-25 minute Every grill is a little different just give a peek after 15 min to see how things are going. When the top of the egg has turned white and is no longer clear its done.